Perl and Database Developer
Perl, SQL, MySQL, Linux & bash, CGI, Apache, Object-Oriented
Design and Programming
System Design & Design Patterns,
Python/Ruby/Java or other OO language, UML, Network Administration,
Spire Vision has an opening for a Perl and Database Developer.
We need a responsible and independent programmer with a strong
background in object-oriented programming who can help us design and
build the next generation of our online marketing platform. Our
offices are onsite in midtown New York City, where the majority of
work will take place.
Our goal is to rebuild an existing web application and back-end
system over the next few months to add scalability and reliability
while maintaining our current system. Candidates should be
comfortable working with object-oriented scripting languages in a
web environment, and should be willing to learn new programming,
language and design skills in order to implement desired
functionality. Experience with database-driven applications is also
required, especially experience designing database schema for new
Also, must love dogs.
· Learn existing Perl/DBI software to support ongoing issues (adding
minor features, diagnosing and fixing bugs, modifying script
· Assist in the design and construction of a new database
infrastructure and application front-end for existing workflow.
· Handle future maintenance and ongoing development of new software.
· Thoroughly document existing and new software for other team
· Test and validate software, including load testing of applications
and database configurations.
· Perl programming: Object-oriented Perl, database operations (on
MySQL, in particular), and web applications. CGI and/or mod_perl
experience is absolutely required.
· Software engineering: Some understanding of Agile development
practices and design patterns.
· Comfort with setting and meeting
deadlines, goal-setting and short development cycles.
· Willingness to take responsibility for projects and be open to
direction and new ways of building software.
· Unit and integration testing: Ability to write and maintain
testing frameworks to verify code.
· Documentation: Ability to write implementation and interface
documentation, and a strong understanding of why documentation is
· Communications: Good written and oral communications skills are
· Forward thinking: Ability to consider future growth and analyze
scalability of existing systems and software, and to apply those
insights to current development practices.
Why you should apply:
We know it takes phenomenal people to build an outstanding
organization and are committed to building a culture based on
inspiration, team accomplishment and career development. If thoughts
of pioneering the latest online marketing trends and technologies to
build a company get you revved up; if you are inspired by working
among the best in the field, apply to join the Spire Vision team. As
a fast growing, dynamic and innovative online marketing agency,
Spire Vision offers opportunities that are potentially limitless. By
combining online innovation, technology and creative with proven
direct marketing strategies, we conceive, enable and execute the big
ideas that drive revenue. And we know it takes phenomenal people to
make it all happen.
That's why we are dedicated to building a culture based on
inspiration, team accomplishment and career development and why we
are aggressively looking to bring on new and talented people.
About Spire Vision:
Spire Vision is a fast growing, dynamic and innovative online
marketing agency that helps advertisers profitably connect with
potential customers through multiple online channels. We specialize
in database marketing and help companies market to and monetize
their customer databases via email marketing. We combine proven
direct marketing tactics with online innovation and analysis to
create an incremental and lucrative profit stream for our clients.
We are building our business and our partnerships for the long term
and pride ourselves on honest, straight-forward communication.
– To apply, send resume and cover letter to